Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stranger Danger

We had our first encounter with Jalen's reaction to strangers this past weekend. The normal happy to see anyone baby wasn't so happy to meet anyone at a high school graduation party. Even with people he had met before all he did was close his eyes and cry. He stopped once mommy and daddy came to the rescue and he didn't have to look at those dangerous strangers anymore. It definately threw Ty and I for a loop. We didn't know what to do with our little guy because he never cries. We decided to put him on dad's chest facing dad and he slowly warmed up to everyone.

Another new thing Jalen has been doing is shaking his head no. He does it all the time because he knows that we think it is cute. What does that mean when your kid's 1st gesture is a head shake "no." Is that a sign of what we are in for with this guy. Lets hope not!

Jalen has also been working on sitting up that last couple weeks. He is getting VERY good at it. He stays up on his own for short intervals before he timbers or tetter totters from one side to the other. I think in a week he will have it down like a pro.

We also think he has reached the 20+ pound mark and went to Babie R Us to get him a new car seat. We think he enjoys his car seat because he falls asleep in it half as many times as he's been in it. Heck if I were in that thing I would fall asleep everytime! We aslo got him a swing to hang up in the tree. He of course enjoys this very much.


Thanks mom and dad I love my new swing! Weeee!



This is the face he makes when he's talking to us. He looks mad but he's just animated.





This is another face of the many faces Jalen makes. This face is the I'm very busy playing face. He was banging on the mirror that is connected to his gym. He is very forceful while playing with his toys on the gym.


Of course this is just a cute picture. On display is Tyrone's... I mean Jalen's ear!

No comments: