Thursday, September 24, 2009

Inguinal Hernia

My poor boy just can't keep himself from small problems. First it was his feet and legs, then his ears, and now a hernia. The hernia isn't so surprising when you talk about a boy who can't keep from attempting to lift certain things or stay still for that matter. While changing Jalen's diaper the yesterday (9/23/09), I noticed a bump near his groin area. I thought it was his hip bone sticking out. Only for me to touch and realize it is soft and kinda moves around. I have an appointment for him to see his doctor tomorrow. There are many options for fixing this problem, but I will not go into that until we speak with his doctor and see what he thinks is best. Surgery is inevitable, but when the surgery is done depends. It could be next week, or even 3 years from now. I will keep you all posted. Here is an illustration of an inguinal hernia.

No comments: