Jalen went to another Dr. over spring break. He went to the orthopedic Dr. to see where he is with his dennis brown splint. I'm sad to report that he has to wear the brace for at least 2 more months. The good new is that we are now only working on getting his toes straight. He's made great progress and can only hope that he will not have to wear the brace at night after the two months is up. Plus, it is such a pain to make sure to put it on before he goes to bed. You have to put it on tight enough that it won't fall off either. If it's too loose one foot will come out and then the metal brace and shoe are flopping everywhere.
We took Jalen to the pediatrician yesterday because he is having a MAJOR eczema outbreak. I've been greasing him several times a day and he just wasn't getting any better. The Dr. prescribed him with a 2.5% steroid cream for 5 days. Let's hope it gets better from here. I'm sick of putting that greasy aquaphor on him.
Poor guy...this blog seems like he's just falling apart.
On another note, Jalen is still doing awesome. He is still wrestling people and now trying to play punch people (thanks to the hulk gloves bought for him). He is learning to shake hands right now. He's so cute when he give people "pounds" with his fist. He makes a little sound effect like his fist explodes on contact. I've been working on his sign language to help with the language barrier. He catches on so quick. I appologize for the lack of pictures but our computer crashed and I lost ALL pictures we had on the computer. I didn't want to touch the compter until I knew for sure that I could get the picture retrieved or not. Luckly we did get a few but not all. I'm not going to complain though. It's better than no pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment