Jalen had his 4 month physical last night. He is 16 pounds 1 once which puts him in the 75%. His height is 25 and 3/4 inches which puts him in the 75%. Last and the least is his head circumfrance which is still the 25%, it is growing just not as fast as the rest of his body. That's kinda weird because everything I've read says the head grows the fastest compared to everything else the 1st two years. Next, was the vaccines. He took all four of them like a champ. He still cried but once they were all over he didn't cry for the rest of the night (thank you). It is comfirmed that he has started the long process of teething. The Dr. felt his gums and said they are a little swollen. I'm sure no teeth will erupt for a while though.
The Dr. also said we can start him on some solids. He mentioned to me spoon feeding him rice cereal with juice. I don't want a sugar baby right off the bat so I will most likely spoon feed him rice cereal mixed in with milk. If he does well with that after one feeding a day for a week we will then mix the rice cereal in with fruits and veggies. I will probably start with veggies because again I don't want a sugar baby.
As far as his developement he is really using that jumperoo now. The Dr. was impressed with his leg muscles. He is using his hands a lot to bring small toys to his mouth. We are still waiting on a full giggle. I've gotten a couple small ones out of him when I tickle his legs but he's still not quite there yet with the laugh. I can't wait for it either! We are on our second week with Jalen going to bed in the crib. He ends up in bed with us in the morning due to night feedings, but at least we've started the process and he's comfortable and aware of the crib. Daddy has texted me while I was in class saying that Jalen is holding up his own bottle. I'm sure it isn't for the whole feeding but hey we are getting somewhere. I can't think of anymore but I'm sure there is. We will update with pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment