Wednesday, February 13, 2008

2 Month Check up




So Jalen had his two month check-up yesterday evening and boy was it interesting. We found out that he is in the 90th percentile for his weight which was 13lbs 4oz. at 8 weeks and 6 days old, and with a full belly. Good lord is he growing fast. He wasn't a big boy when he came out, he was just saving it for later to spare his mother. Thank you son, thank you! You barely came out at 7 lbs. 3oz. His head circumfrance is the 25th percentile which again is weird because his daddy is a big head. His height was the 55th percentile and I expected that to be the lowest because mommy is so short. I guess you can never expect or assume anything when it comes to children and I am learning that.

So moving on to the dreaded vaccines! He was a little trooper and took the shots the best he could. The first one he did fabulous only to get worse with each shot. They gave him the worst one that stings as it goes in last. Poor kid! After that he slept the whole way home. Once we got home he was given a warm bath, fed and put to bed. Mom and dad went to bed shortly after fearing that this night would be the worst. I woke from my slumber at what seemed to be 2:00am to a crying baby. I tried to feed him and he just screamed and cried the worst he ever has. I felt so sorry for him and also didn't know what to do at the same time. He wouldn't eat and I checked his diaper and it wasn't anything for him to be whaling about. I then knew it was because his poor thighs hurt him. I then gave him some grape tylenol and a good rocking with him on his side. He went back to sleep. I put him in his crib and noticed that it was only 10:20pm. I was scared what the night had in store for me. To my suprise that was the last time he cried for the night. He didn't want to eat until almost 6am but quietly grunted and woke often just because he wasn't too comfortable. I will take a baby awake most of the night over a whaling baby any day. I wonder how he will do for the baby sitter today? Hungry, sleepy, grumpy... it's hard to say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you are getting so Big Jalen. I can't wait to see you this weekend. I love the little version of dad shirt....how appropriate!