Monday, November 17, 2008

The Byrd Family

I can't believe it has almost been one year! I still feel like I just had Jalen. Of course when I look at him and all the things he's doing these days... it smacks me in the face that it isn't the case anymore. He's so perfect! I know... I'm biast! I never would have imagined him to be so wonderful. Of course when you think of who made him... it's hard to believe it too. Ha! I have to keep thinking that he's only a year old and I do in fact most likely have it coming so I better enjoy my angel now. Because one day he will have me turning into an old grumpy wrinkly, grey haired lady. His father and I enjoy his company so much that Dad even crawls into the crib with him to put him to bed at times. I know he would probably be mad at me for writing this. I must tell you though.... as funny as it sounds... it looks even funnier! No I am just joking. It is a beautiful sight to see such an innocent little baby love and want affection from his father. Words can't even describe the way it makes me feel inside. I love watching Jalen reach for his father to pick him up and lay his little head on his daddy with a sigh of releif. I enjoy smiling so hard at the both of them while watching dad chase him around the room. Jalen loves to be chased by the way. This boy has managed to turn his tomboy mother into such a softy. I catch myself welling up at some of the simplest things he does. Him just being happy and me sitting back and observing without him knowing is enough for me to nearly break down in tears of joy. I feel PURE joy to see that wonderful, beautiful boy smile and laugh. He is my source of energy. My little powerplant that keeps mommy going.

We had a family photo shoot taken at our house. It was also another reason to have the Christmas tree up and some presents wrapped. I wrapped some gifts and over decorated them so they looked nice and pretty. I was very frustrated with the bows I made for the gifts but in the picture they look awesome and I'm glad I did it. One of Jalen's first ever babysitters has since moved into a new career path of photography. She has taken pictures of Jalen since he was 2 months old. She has such a wonderful eye and we will continue to keep calling her back for pictures. She does a GREAT job and I've never been disappointed! Doubt I ever will be! These are the pictures from her blog.

No comments: